As a staffer for California Common Cause, Dan successfully advocated for open government and strong campaign reform laws. Dan has spent years working to make government more transparent, responsive and trustworthy. He has brought that commitment to City Hall with considerable success, but much remains to be done.
- Spearheaded the comprehensive Public Ethics Commission Charter Reform measure and Government Ethics ordinance in 2014.
- Promoted increased transparency at City of Oakland commissions and advisory boards.
- Supported the creation of a "Rainy Day" fund in our city’s budget.
- Was named Best Good-Government Politician of 2014 by the East Bay Express.
- Is continuing to prioritize transparency and customer service at City Hall.